2021 BC Economic Development Award Winner
Whether you're looking to purchase quality personal protective equipment (PPE) or medical supplies to combat COVID-19 or you're a manufacturer in the process of retooling to produce these critical supplies, you're in the right place. The Surrey Makes PPE Marketplace provides a one-stop-shop for Surrey-made protective and medical equipment and our Manufacturer Resource Centre provides the connections manufacturers need to retool and start producing these products.
Sixteen manufacturers participating in the Surrey Makes PPE program have sold over $4 million worth of personal protective equipment (PPE) to help Canadians combat COVID-19.
- engaged with over 135 manufacturers in Surrey,
- assisted our manufacturers identify and lease over 33,500 square feet in industrial expansions over the past 3 months with an additional 11,600 sq ft in space being requested in Surrey,
- attracted 10 new PPE manufacturers to establish in Surrey,
- created and retaining at least 100 full time equivalent (FTE) positions in Surrey, and
- generated over $1 million in private capital equipment investment and property improvements.