Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission
The Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission (COEDC) is a service of the Regional District of Central Okanagan, providing economic development services to the communities of Lake Country, Kelowna, West Kelowna, Westbank First Nation, Peachland and two electoral areas.
The region is the fastest growing CMA in BC and the province’s third largest and fastest growing tech hub. The region is poised for continued growth in innovation focused industries like tech and aerospace with infrastructure like UBC Okanagan, Okanagan College, Kelowna International Airport and the recently completed Okanagan Centre for Innovation in place.
In 2016/17, the COEDC began a multi-faceted marketing campaign targeting Canadian ex-pats living in California. With this campaign, the COEDC shifted messaging away from traditional focus on wine, golf and weather to reflect its status as a vibrant, growing economic driver in the province with abundant career opportunities.
Campaign components include:
- fully redeveloped www.investkelowna.com website (developed with matching funds from Global Affairs Canada) – launched in Jan ‘17
- How Does the Okanagan Compare Infographic (digital and print formats) – launched in Jan ‘17
- digital marketing campaign – ran Oct-Dec ’16 and Jan-Apr ‘17
- outbound activities in California – Nov ’16 and ongoing in 2017 (includes partnership with Trade Commissioners Service and BC MIT)
- collaboration with partners - ongoing